Sunday, June 20, 2010

Learning more about caterpillars and other summery things (tot school)

~*~Madalyn is 33 months old~*~

Tons and tons of drawing, coloring, and writing.  Madalyn started writing letters this week.  She says (random) letters as she writes a letter (sort of) on some paper.  She also has been refining her drawing and coloring skills and made huge strides this week.  I am NOT big into coloring in the lines/coloring books, but Madalyn loves them and does color in them frequently by her choice.  She has started coloring specific areas of the images on the pages.
IMG_7445
Here is a drawing she did of a rainbow (the lines), and I believe she “wrote” rainbow below it.
IMG_7409
Writing letters.
IMG_7415 
And a face (daddy to be specific).  Eyes, nose, and mouth.  How cute is that?  (I know, I am totally biased!  But still, I think this is huge and totally great!)
IMG_7492
Puzzles are always a huge hit (she matched colors, named shapes, identified colors).
IMG_7440
Here is what we observed our caterpillars doing this week:
IMG_7418 IMG_7423 IMG_7427 IMG_7434 


Things we made for father’s day:
printables can be found here

Madalyn colored each letter, and then with some help from mommy, cut out the letters.  Then she had to match and glue the letters onto the page.  She loved this activity and is quite proud of herself.
 IMG_7493
Adorable little
IMG_7490

No comments: