Thursday, April 1, 2010

Growing Lettuce

I've had success starting lettuce indoors and then transplanting it and am planning on starting lettuce sometime next month.  I came across this interesting way of growing/starting lettuce indoors and thought it may be fun to try out. 

I have almost all my seeds of what I'd like to grow this year.  Yesterday I received a surprise package from one of my aunts with some seeds including blue bean seeds (plus some sunflowers and marigolds)!  I'm excited to try growing those this year (I already bought some green and yellow bean seeds) and am really looking forward to lots of fresh veggies.  I want tons of beans and peas this year... lots to eat fresh and plenty to freeze for the winter months.

I'm going to start some flowers very soon and probably some tomato and pepper seeds.

In a couple weeks or so, I will start broccoli, squash, corn, watermelon, and pumpkins.

No comments: