Friday, September 10, 2010

Preschool—week 1

This past week, we started preschool.  Madalyn is so eager to learn and to do everything herself.  Some of the things she was able to do this week blew me away. 

I’m planning on using a program another homeschooling mom has created and put together: Raising Rock Stars (RRS).  I have a few things I will be doing a bit different from the program, and I have tons of ideas for what I will be teaching Madalyn this year.

Here is our week in review.  We worked on the letter L, number 1, sight word “see,” and our theme was zoo animals.

The weekend before, I had a few last things to prepare for the week ahead.  Madalyn of course wanted to see and do everything she saw me preparing.   “Oh mommy!  That is my favorite!” was something I heard quite a few times.

 IMG_8208 IMG_8212

Monday

First official day of preschool.  Ready and very eager to finally begin.

IMG_8223

We first read the L page from My ABC Bible Verses, and then moved into working on our learning board (photos of this portion of the day are included in the other days of the week’s rundown).  After reading a couple of zoo themed books, we sang “This little light of mine” and then Madalyn dug right into her trays.

stamping and stickers

IMG_8224 IMG_8225

cutting practice (Kumon)

IMG_8229

coloring a monkey mask

IMG_8233

After working on several learning trays, Madalyn has free reign over choosing from her shelves with plenty of toys.  The toys on these shelves are rotated each week or two.

 

Tuesday:

board work—reading her L words

IMG_8234

working on her L project, gluing together her lion

IMG_8239

lowercase l project—gluing various objects to large craft sticks

IMG_8240

scratch art lion

IMG_8245

working on matching her lowercase letters to her letter map

IMG_8247

puzzles are one of Madalyn’s favorite activities

IMG_8249

Later on, we had a playdate.

Wednesday:

 

putting her craft stick props into the correct pocket

IMG_8254

reading her L-word page

IMG_8255

while reading one of her I See books, Madalyn made a connection between the page she was reading and her project she completed the day before

IMG_8256

reading an I See easy reader

IMG_8258

practice gluing (Kumon)

IMG_8260

coloring her bible verse page

IMG_8263

cutting apart “key cards”

There were nine to cut out'; I cut them into strips so that there were three pieces on each piece of paper for Madalyn to cut herself.

IMG_8265

 IMG_8267 IMG_8268

Science experiment:

vinegar, baking powder, water, pastas, lentils, and rice

IMG_8269

Madalyn really enjoyed adding more pasta/rice/lentils and enjoyed what happened.

IMG_8270

First day of ballet

IMG_8282

Later on, we went swimming.  Madalyn went down the big slide (with mommy).

Thursday:  

story telling pieces for There was an Old Lady who Swallowed a Fly… Madalyn really enjoyed being able to retell the story with the pieces

IMG_8333

practice writing the letter L

 IMG_8335

gluing her keycards

IMG_8341

another puzzle

IMG_8342

We went swimming again today.

Friday:

 

We started our day with gymnastics.

IMG_8374

After some lunch, we went to the park.

IMG_8385

storytelling pieces for The Napping House

IMG_8392

I Spy matching

IMG_8393

cutting apart and then gluing together this week’s bible verse

IMG_8395 IMG_8396

gluing little gems

IMG_8397

monkey foam craft

IMG_8398

IMG_8399

No comments: