Saturday, January 2, 2010

Toys part 1

Madalyn received many fun toys this year for Christmas.  This post will feature a few of her new toys she received along mini review.

Cooties!
I remember playing with these at my Grammy and Grandpa's house when I was little.  They have changed a bit since then.  They're a great fine motor activity and also lend themselves to sorting, matching, and different social "rules" such as learning to take turns and sharing.  The pieces are still a bit hard for Madalyn to get in on her own but maybe they just need to be used some more before loosening up a bit.  She enjoys her cooties.
Photobucket

Keyboard
This gift was given to Madalyn and I from my dad and stepmom and it's a really nice keyboard with tons of fun features.  Madalyn enjoys being able to use it and I think this will be something her and I both will use for a long time.
Photobucket

Sculpture to paint
This gift came all the way from a friend who lives in Australia and Madalyn loves it.  It came with six figures and a set of paint and a paint brush.  Madalyn really enjoyed painting this little dog.
Photobucket

Art Easel
Santa brought special gift along with lots fun accessories (paint containers, paint brushes, dry erase markers, paper, etc.).  Madalyn loves it.  The white board is magnetic which is a really nice feature.  The height is adjustable.  She loves her easel.
Photobucket

I Spy Ladybug Bag
I made this for Madalyn and she loves it.  It has beads for each letter of her name plus lots of fun trinkets like ladybugs, dragonflies, and flowers.
Photobucket

Finger puppets
Madalyn loves these little finger puppets and got several for Christmas.
Photobucket

Wedgits
This is a really fun, building toy.  Madalyn enjoys it and worked so hard to put them back in like they were origionally.  I think I'm going to get the building board.  It's a neat set that I believe she will continue to enjoy for a long time.
Photobucket

MagnaTiles
Madalyn loves this building set..... the possibilities are endless.  There are several different shapes and sizes, and they are magnetic.  We first played with these at the children's museum in Portland, Oregon when Madalyn had just turned 1.  Madalyn received these on Christmas Eve and has played with them a lot since then.  Besides the creative and building aspect to the toy, it also lends itself to many early math skills (counting, sorting, shapes, and so on).  Madalyn was very proud of herself when she discovered that a square and a triangle make a big red barn/house.  I'm sure she'll enjoy this toy for a long time to come.
Photobucket


No comments: