Sunday, January 17, 2010

Tot School 28 months old

~*~Madalyn is 28 months old~*~
Tot School

I have been slacking when it comes to taking photos when we're doing our learning activities.  But we've been having tons of fun doing different things.  A few of those activities are shown below, plus several other activities are also listed below that.





Learning Toys/ Trays
Photobucket
Lots of spooning activities and transferring with tongs, tweezers, and chopsticks.
Travel connect four... little stampers, tadoodles for coloring, heart beads for beading, watercolors for open ended art work.  Leapfrog letter toy... she loves this (I'm still not happy though since the lower case letters do NOT fit even though they are advertised to in fact fit) and sings the alphabet song now.  And Madalyn's shown a continued interest in her "big red barn" and plays with that often.  I'm noticing that her play with it is becoming more imaginative and intentional.
Not pictured: books books and more books (Madalyn's starting to verbalize the stories as she's looking at the pages, it's so fun to hear how she views the story and what is important to her), painting with her funky brushes, alphabet puzzles, matching letters (using puzzles and alphabet pieces), playing the piano, going to gymnastics (jumping and doing saumersalts are her favorite things to do at the moment), playing with her wedgit, puzzles, and blocks, and I could go on and on...

What's Ahead?
Upcoming themes include Valentine's Day and Bears. 
I'd love to hear your ideas about either of those themes or anything else you feel would be perfect for us.
I've found some wonderful ideas here and a tot pack here.

No comments: