Exactly one year, one month, and one day ago, I sat sitting, watching my daughter... scared, relieved, saddened, yet glad. I sat in the PICU of Legacy Emmanuel Hospital in Portland, Oregon... watching her, leaving her side only when I absolutely had to and even then, it was only for a very short time. I got very little sleep that night, yet she laid in her hospital crib, not moving, not waking. She just hours earlier had open heart surgery to fix a congential heart defect and she did not wake from her surgery until the following day after the drainage tubes were taken out and certain medications were weaned.
Here she is shortly after her surgery.
A day later.
(I am willing to bet that she will never enjoy a popcicle as much as she did on this very day.) 
And another day later.
And another day later. She was released from the hospital on this day (three days post op)
The next day, she played on the playground at the Ronald McDonald House.
It still amazes me that she had open heart surgery on Monday and here she is playing on a slide on Friday of the same week.
It still amazes me that she had open heart surgery on Monday and here she is playing on a slide on Friday of the same week.
Here she is today......... full of life and very healthy and active.
And the sweetest little two year old. She continues to amaze me each and every day. 
1 comment:
Great Blog! I have a friend whos baby is going through some huge heart issues! I am sure she would like to hear from parents who have been down that road. Although all circumstances are different with each child, you can see what she has gone through and continues here with her ups and downs as a family.
http://marquissclan.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment